Integration Engineer – Windows, Linux, Networking, VMware, Active Directory
An Integration Engineer with Linux, Networking, VMware and Active Directory experience is required to work on a six month contract with the possibility of extension for our Defence client based in Dorset.
This is a 6 month contract with a leading UK Defence Business.
Overview of the Integration Engineer contract role
The successful engineer will be expected to support integration teams responsible for:
* – Developing and delivering monthly support releases across a number of operational systems;
* – Undertaking regular monthly support visits to the customer site;
* – Support the team in managing and maintaining reference and development rigs at Christchurch;
* – Responding to telephone support during normal working hours;
Key skills required for the Integration Engineer
The applicant would ideally have skills in the following areas or be prepared to rapidly gain experience in the following:
* Knowledge of 2008/2012 Server, Windows 7/8 Operating Systems;
* MS hotfixes & WSUS updates;
* Knowledge of Linux servers (Operating Systems and applications);
* Linux installation, configuration and administration;
* Updating & patching COTS applications & networks in operational conditions to minimising and mitigating outages;
* Awareness of rollout & rollback processes;
* Active Directory;
* Citrix XenServer, VMware;
* Backup & archive using ArcServe;
* IP Networking, load balancing, firewalls and routers using Cisco, Juniper and McAfee;
* Rational Team Concert (RTC) for configuration management (or similar relevant lifecycle experience)
* Scripting and powershell.
* Technical documentation production.
The role is based in Christchurch, Dorset – commutable from Salisbury, Fordingbridge, Ringwood, Lymington, Ferndown, Bournemouth and Poole with excellent access from Southampton, Eastleigh and Winchester
If you are a Integration Engineer looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other Engineering opportunities please contact Kris Foston on (url removed) or phone (Apply online only)
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country’s largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.
The business focuses on building long lasting relationships based on reliability and trust. We do this by hiring and retaining a great team of recruitment consultants who listen and understand our client’s and candidate’s needs.
Our Manchester office (which covers the whole of the UK) provides a “one-stop shop” to clients and candidates operating in the engineering and manufacturing sectors and, in addition to Engineers, we source and provide temporary/contract and permanent opportunities for IT, Programme Management and Support Professionals (including Procurement / Purchasing / Supply Chain, HR, Finance and Administrative Support).
Please visit our website (url removed)
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.co.uk/101931 →