Role and Responsibilities
The Infrastructure Manager is required to support the business users and systems as well as ADSI’s customers and their systems. The role’s primary focus is on Microsoft Windows, VMware vSphere 6 and Citrix along with Cisco network support. Of paramount importance is the ability to take responsibility for issue resolution and ensuring tasks are assigned and completed. This is a role that will include substantial hands-on work together with management of the team and strategic direction of internal IT support, upgrade and development.
Medium sized business services group with operations covering telecommunications, technology and energy. Heavily reliant on state of the art technological systems to operate a lean back office, IT is at the very core of the business and is critical to the continued growth of the company. The business operates in an agile manner with key decisions typically taking minutes or hours rather than weeks and months. IT operations covering 3 sites with high availability and DR critical to its success.
You will be joining a forward thinking organisation and not just in relation to IT. We have a stable employee base with many of the team having worked for ADSI for more than 5 years. Both individual and companywide efforts are recognised and the rewards are plentiful. There is the opportunity to stand out and make a significant impact on the business; thus becoming a vital part of its operation.
* Maintenance and management of VMware vSphere environments.
* Server application maintenance, installation and support.
* Citrix XenApp support, upgrade and management.
* 3rd line fault resolution for issues affecting client experience and system performance.
* SAN administration, troubleshooting and maintenance.
* Active directory administration including group policy creation and maintenance.
* Switch and Firewall administration, troubleshooting and maintenance
* Monitoring systems administration, troubleshooting and maintenance.
* Network link administration, troubleshooting and maintenance.
* Technical lead on infrastructure projects.
* Managing security.
* Application patching and upgrade.
* Occasional UK travel to other sites.
* Significant and demonstrable experience supporting Windows Server and Desktop Platforms.
* Good understanding of Cisco Switches and Firewalls
* Solid experience of installing and supporting VMware virtualisation & Infrastructure Solutions.
* Experience of installing and upgrading Citrix environments
* MS Windows 7, 8 & 10, Server 2003, 2008 & 2012
* Good experience installing and supporting Citrix XenApp
* Network performance monitoring
* iSCSI SAN/NAS Storage
* Veeam Backup and Replication
* SQL experience
* Strong customer focus.
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
* Strong and engaging presentation skills with the ability to articulate the technical aspects of the service both succinctly and clearly.
* Excellent planning and organisational skills
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.co.uk/126645 →