Infrastructure Architect, London, Contract, AWS.
A global business is going through a major transformation, re-engineering a number of its core platforms and alongside this is repositioning their infrastructure too.
The Infrastructure Architect will support the business by providing architectural leadership, guidance and hands-on technical and design provision to meet business needs across the global business. This will be either through direct architectural ownership or by influencing and guiding regional IT teams as appropriate.
In this role you would be expected to develop a set of underlying principles and standards which govern the future design and deployment of infrastructure solutions for the global business.
There is also an appetite for someone to research emerging technologies and increase team awareness (by organising and facilitating technical workshops as required) and drive innovation as required to increase availability, performance, capacity, security, R&D, stability and to maximise cost savings and efficiencies.
From a technical standpoint we would expect you to be able to cover off as many of the below as possible.
* Expert Microsoft knowledge/qualifications (e.g. MCSE, MCITP, MCTS, MCM or MCA)
* Expert Networking knowledge/ qualifications (e.g. CCNA, CCNP, CCSE)
* End user computing experience (Windows OS, VDI, Thin client)
* Expert Clouds Services / AWS Knowledge
* Windows Server/Desktop platforms and technologies
* VMWare and Virtualisation technologies
* Major firewall vendors – Checkpoint, Cisco, Palo Alto
* Cisco Networking
* Significant experience of infrastructure technologies in medium / large scale Enterprise environments
* Proven experience designing and developing highly available systems and platforms that meet business needs
* Demonstrated knowledge of a wide variety enterprise solutions, standards and protocols
* Expert knowledge of standard and emerging enterprise technologies
* Knowledge of industry services and technologies
* Knowledge of industry standard architectural principles, e.g. TOGAF, Zachman or Equivalent Qualification would be beneficial
If this role sounds like it a project you would like to get involved in, and something you have done before then please apply ASAP to avoid missing out on this opportunity.
Charlton Howard is a Trading Name of Talent Point Ltd. Talent Point Ltd and Charlton Howard are equal-opportunity employers and do not discriminate against these or any other class protected by applicable law. No terminology in this advert is designed to discriminate on grounds of gender, race, colour, religion, creed, disability, age, sex or sexual orientation.
For information on how Charlton Howard manages and processes your personal information please see our privacy at talentpoint.co/privacy-policy
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.co.uk/103129 →