We are looking for a number of Information Assurance Managers to work for a major defence organisation based in Bristol.
The Information Management & Information Technology (IM&IT) function is an exciting and diverse function that employs professionals from information management, information technology, information assurance and cyber security to management information and statisticians. We act as the ‘digital partner’ to DE&S, helping the whole organisation to embed new business processes, tools and technology while at the same time keeping us legal and our information protected.
We are helping in becoming a digital business by making digital services and information simpler, clearer and faster. To support this we are currently looking to enhance our team with the recruitment of a diverse range of Information Assurance Managers who will bring with them a wide spectrum of skills and business acumen, an ability to think conceptually, with enthusiasm and innovation. This is an opportunity to create and implement security systems and assurance frameworks within an enterprise organisation in line with ISO27001. In these roles you will act as an expert, advising senior colleagues on strategic issues and liaising with stakeholders on complex matters.
Your day to day duties will consist of, but not be limited to;
• Advising on security and information risk and assessing information system risk
• Confirming implementation of any systems, platforms or infrastructures have been adequately secured and aligned with security architecture
• Working to deliver Security Accreditation, advice and security artefacts
• Providing briefs to various stakeholders on security and assurance, including programme meetings and delivering information assurance guidance from design through to live service
• Undertaking information assurance reviews and audits, and providing relevant MI
• Escalating implementations that do not conform to national or departmental policy
• Managing Data Protection and Cyber awareness
• Steering the implementation of the necessary measures across the company to ensure compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
The successful post holders will have a sound understanding of IT Security and Information Assurance, ideally gained within a UK Government setting or secure industrial environment. You will have obtained a technical/professional qualification, ideally CESG Certified Professional Scheme in Information Assurance and/or post graduate qualification, as well as possessing in-depth relevant work experience, such as:
• Working knowledge of the information assurance, audit systems and tools, as well as accreditation systems which support the delivery of advice to the rest of the business
• Ability to develop, improve and adapt tools, techniques and processes to fit the requirements of the team and the business
• Experience of being involved in project management within a complex change environment
• Experience of risk management processes
Desirable skills would include knowledge of one or more of the following; International Treaty in Arms Regulation, Industry Partner Shared Working Environment, Commercial information handling and Intellectual Property Rights Management. Ideally you will be trained in Information Security Disciplines and have a knowledge of Cabinet Office Security and Information Assurance Frameworks and documentation. Experience in the production of Risk Management Accreditation Document Sets (RMADS) and liaison/engagement with accreditation authorities would be highly desirable.
Please note some of our posts are reserved for UK Nationals only due to security and may be subject higher security checks (Developed Vetting)
A generous benefits package is also on offer, including a 21% pension scheme.
You will be working 37 hours Monday-Friday.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.co.uk/82358 →