Contract Senior Business Analyst – Financial Software Product Development
• Accuity – Fast-Growth $250m Fin-Tech / Anti-Financial Crime Technology – Part of RBI and the FTSE100 RELX Group
• To £500 per day – Based Holborn WC1V – Start ASAP
A global $1bn technology business, Reed Business Information (RBI) use leading edge technology to deliver market leading information and online data services to business professionals worldwide. Customers have access to our high-value industry data, analytics, information and tools. Our strong global brands hold market-leading positions across a wide range of industry sectors including banking, petrochemicals and aviation where we help customers make key strategic decisions every day.
RBI people are driven by an environment focussed on innovation, passion for our products, and collaboration, where working in an agile manner is par for the course. RBI is part of RELX, a FTSE100 global provider of data, information and solutions for professional customers; RELX has recently been ranked by Forbes as #53 in their Top-2000 Global Employers.
Accuity is seeking an experienced Business Analyst with strong technical and organisational skills to join one of our flagship digital brands based from our vibrant central London office. You will join a project team working on a critical component of our widely used financial screening products.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrable experience working in agile, online software development teams and show a high level of organisation and clarity of communication to ensure that requirements are fully understood by the delivery team.
You will be working with a highly capable, distributed team of developers to establish a new paradigm for our core screening technology. Your role will be providing analysis, requirements and documentation on data flows, models, algorithms and analytical models for various applications including linguistics, string matching and classification.
• Analyse, define and document requirements and business processes.
• Develop systems specifications, process flow and conversion strategies.
• Gather and document requirements as stories/functional specifications with sufficient detail and clarity for technical delivery.
• Create technical and functional user documentation.
• Perform analysis on existing systems; identifying options for potential solutions and assess for both technical and business suitability.
• Liaise between remote development teams, internal IT, and business to ensure requirements are being met.
• Identify and document process improvements and functional specifications based on research of best practices and analysis of work group data.
• Maintain stakeholder expectations and raise appropriate issues to project leaders as necessary.
• Develop “trusted advisor” relationship with senior stakeholders through effective communication and efficient, quality execution on projects
• Follow established business processes, protocols and quality standards in the development and deployment of complex solutions.
• Understand organizational motivations including problems, goals, and objectives. Assess and document the benefits, risks, and critical success factors of the project. Demonstrate that business needs are satisfied within a given technical solution.
Skills & Requirements:
• A strong knowledge of conceptual data modelling, data flows, data analysis, and data processing.
• Strong knowledge of JIRA or similar issue management systems
• Proven track record of gathering business requirements and translating them into user stories/functional specifications, gained on projects of considerable scale and/or complexity.
• Broad understanding of software development methodologies.
• Moderate facilitation skills; ability to facilitate workshops with all staff levels.
• Strong communication skills that allow for effective communication across all levels of the organization.
• IT research, software analysis, and design skills.
• Proficient in documenting As-Is and To-Be processes.
• Broad technical understanding across various methodologies, platforms, tools, and languages.
• Previous experience of working in an agile environment and using recognized development methodology; e.g., Agile, SCRUM, and KANBAN.
• Excellent organization/project planning, time management, and change management skills across multiple functional groups and departments, and excellent delegation skills involving prioritizing and reprioritizing projects and managing projects of various size and complexity.
• Advanced communication (verbal and written) and customer service skills. Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills applicable to a wide audience including senior and executive management, customers, etc., including diction/terminology and presenting information in a concise and effective manner to clients, management, and various departments using assorted communication mediums.
RBI is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Women in technology:
RBI is very supportive of women in Technology and has been a founding signature for the Tech Talent Charter. Currently 24% of our Technology workforce are women which is much higher than the UK average of 17%. We have the following initiatives in place to support women in technology:
• Mentoring scheme for women in technology
• Women’s network forum
• Regularly run events for schools girl about careers in technology to inspire the next generation of girls in tech.
RBI proudly support the Tech Talent Charter
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.co.uk/82360 →