Big Data Engineer – Azure / BI / ETL – circa £65k
JN-(Apply online only)-AG
Big Data Engineer
Azure / BI / ETL
Salary £55,000 to £65,000
Our client is currently sourcing a Big Data Engineer. This role will be based in Sidcup, North Kent area and working for our client at a very exciting time for the business. There is a huge drive and focus on the IT landscape and structure within the business to enable a better service to customers now and in the future.
As the Big Data Engineer you will be responsible for supporting the full lifecycle of data from ingesting through analytics to action. Working on the Microsoft Azure Stack is essential.
Skills and Experience Required:
* Experience with databases and analytics, including relational databases (e.g. SQL Server), Data Warehousing, Big Data (e.g. DataLake and Analytics) and business analytics using Power BI is essential.
* Expertise designing solution using the Microsoft Azure stack including Azure Data Lake, Azure Data Lake Analytics services (USQL), Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Catalog is essential.
* Experience of working in an agile cross-functional delivery squad working with product owners, solution analysts, solution architects and test analysts is essential
* Experience working with SharePoint, PowerPivot, SRSS, PowerBI and deep knowledge of the underlying technology to develop data integration layers and associated systems to provide repositories of information is essential
* Must have previously worked in Data Warehouse ETL & BI platforms, with a good understanding of DW strategy, architecture and structure utilising SSIS, Schemas, Kimball Methodology
* Experience working with database, storage, collection and aggregation models, delta loading, external data (social media, web sites, ONS Councils) and IoT Transactions is essential.
* Experienced working with statistical data visualisation tools and techniques is essential.
To apply, please send your CV to Aaron Gunton on or call (Apply online only) to discuss the role further
Huntress Search Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.co.uk/126547 →