A2F Consulting is a boutique consulting firm with offices in the Washington, DC metro area and Frankfurt/Germany. We provide a broad range of advisory services to support financial and private sector development in emerging markets. These include financial sector stability, financial inclusion, gender equality, entrepreneurship development, etc. Our company was established in 2007.
We are looking for a Software Developer to develop technology commercial applications to enhance our services to our clients. This position will report to our CIO.
Main responsibilities and tasks:
- Design, develop and support Company technology commercial applications, primarily for the financial sector
- Implement and support in-house cloud applications and tools (e.g. sharepoint, joomla, wordpress, survey technology)
- Provide in-house support on IT related matters (e.g. desktop infrastructure, network, and backup systems)
- Document business requirements
- Document functional and technical specifications
- Client training and knowledge transfer
- An advanced degree in Computer Sciences or Computer Engineering, such as an MSIS, MSIT or equivalent degree from an accredited university
- At least 5 years of work experience in ICT, preferably in the financial sector
- Ability to use one or more development language (SQL/PSQL, APEX, HTML, Java script, etc.
- Expertise in current computer hardware and software
- Experience with financial services technology e.g. core banking systems, payment systems, credit scoring, ERP systems, supervision systems, enterprise risk management, insurance management, etc. is highly desirable
- Fluent English oral and written communication skills required (French or Spanish would be a plus)
- Proactivity and exceptional problem-solving skills
Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Analytical and commercial experience
- Ability to travel to emerging countries and to work in a multicultural environment
The successful candidate should be able to:
- Develop innovative solutions and information systems tools that help businesses succeed in a global environment
- Develop, maintain, and support existing and new business applications
- Manage projects related to business applications including proper communication to management
- Monitor process issues associated with business applications and modify systems accordingly
- Maintain, update and conceptualize new reports which meet the needs of the end customer and supports the business needs
- Identify improvements to existing systems or processes to reduce occurrences of system issues
The job location will be either Washington, DC or Frankfurt am Main/Germany depending on whether the candidate has valid work authorization for the US.
Please send your application letter with detailed CV, references and salary history of the past 3 years to email@example.com. Only short-listed applicants will be notified.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org