3rd Line / IT System Engineer (Workplace)
We are currently looking for an IT System Engineer to join our IT Infrastructure (Workplace) team in London.
Our IT Workplace team are responsible for Global hardware and software standards across ARCADIS as well as providing the next level of support to resolve issues which fall outside abilities of the 2nd Line Team to resolve.
This role is part of a team focused exclusively on Desktop Applications and hardware – their development, deployment and support.
You will be responsible for implementing and supporting PC-based applications, including:
* undertaking the detailed analysis, configuration, packaging, testing, and implementation of new PC-based software and enhancement to existing systems
* specification, configuration, packaging, and implementation of new and updated 3rd party PC software
* administration and management of SCCM
* 3rd line support, supporting Analysts, the Central Help Desk or the Regional Support teams
* handling all calls in accordance with the Firm's procedures and service levels
Some travel to other offices may be required. A flexible approach to working hours will be required as the role forms part of the Global Support team function. Some activities will require supporting systems outside of normal office hours.
You will be an experienced system engineer with experience of providing 3rd line technical support in a large, global business. You will also have the following:
* excellent English Language skills (both Verbal and Written level)
* experience in Active Directory, Group Policy and GP Preferences
* experience working as senior application packager within desktop and server environments
* experience in MSI packaging using InstallShield and Applications sequencing using App-V
* previous experience with Scripting technologies
* in depth technical experience in configuring and managing System Centre Configuration Manager (SCCM), including patch management utilizing WSUS integration
* understanding of Networking TCP/IP, DNS and DHCP
* MS Win 7+10 onwards Professional Administration and Configuration and general application support
* excellent customer service
* ability to liaise with staff and customers at varying levels within the business with empathy
* proactive approach to problem solving
* effective working as part of a team or working alone and unsupervised
* experience in operations in a 24×7, multi-site, multi region environment
* understand and able to work to agreed Service Level Agreements (SLA)
* Dell PC/Laptop hardware
* Microsoft O/S – Windows 7/8.1/10, Office 365/2016
* Mobile device, iOS, Android
* SCCM 1802
* Security – MS Forefront Endpoint Protection/SCEP
* Tools – Remote desktop / Microsoft tools
We’re hard to pin down as a business. But while our work spans many disciplines – from consultancy to engineering and architecture to cost management, it’s united under a common vision. We see people where others see projects, and we recognise that when we design environments we impact lives. We’re here to show the magnitude of that opportunity to the world. To bring it to life for our clients and the customers they serve.
A career for the big thinkers:
Our vision needs people who see the bigger picture. Who bring their expertise to life with spark and imagination. And see possibility where others see limits.
Finally – and most importantly – you’ll be offered an environment where you can go anywhere. A highly competitive remuneration package; a pension scheme that matches to 8%; the best development programmes in the industry; and a working culture where you can finally put your ideas and potential into practice.
If that speaks to you, talk to us
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.co.uk/126646 →